How is Global Physiotherapy Providing Services During COVID-19?
Global Physiotherapy Sherwood Park Inc. is a locally owned practice with four experienced physiotherapists dedicated to “keeping you active for life”. As per the directives from Alberta Premier, Jason Kenney, the clinic is closed for all in person physiotherapy except for clients, who qualify as urgent. The clinic will re-open for regular physiotherapy when permitted by the Alberta government.
Urgent cases fall into two main categories:
1. Physiotherapy will prevent you from visiting an emergency department because you cannot cope with your pain and movement limitations
2. Physiotherapy will help you remain at work doing an essential service, as defined on the alberta.ca website.
Urgent in person appointments can be arranged with Cindy Coneen, physiotherapist, either via the website contact page: https://globalphysiotherapy.com/contact-us or by email directly to email@example.com.
Video telehealth appointments can also be requested. Physiotherapy assessment and treatment advice can be provided to you while you remain at home to maintain the social distancing recommendations. Some extended benefit companies are accepting claims for at home telehealth appointments. Two of the companies are Canada Life and Sunlife. Please contact the clinic to receive more information.
The Alberta coronavirus website recommendations will be strictly followed for all staff and clients.
COVID-19 symptoms are similar to influenza and other respiratory illnesses.
- Common symptoms can be mild, and include: dry cough, fever, shortness of breath, runny nose, nasal congestion or a sore throat
- Symptom of serious illness include: difficulty breathing or pneumonia
If you have symptoms:
- Stay home and self-isolate for at least 10 days – do not go to an ER or clinic
- Take the COVID-19 self-assessment
- Call Health Link 811 if instructed
- Call 911 if you need immediate medical attention and inform them you may have COVID-19
Sherwood Park and Edmonton are receiving daily updates from both the Federal and Provincial governments. Global Physiotherapy staff support the essential practice of social distancing to prevent the community spread of the virus. When we restart in person physiotherapy, we will continue with social distancing in the clinic and in the community. Close contact will only occur to provide the essential components of the physiotherapy assessment and treatment. Both the therapist and the client will ensure that their hands are sanitized before and after any contact.
We have introduced additional cleaning procedures due to the Coronavirus:
- Door handles to treatment rooms will be wiped down after each patient
- Chairs in treatment rooms will be wiped down after each patient
- Pillowcases will be changed after each patient
- Chairs in waiting room will be wiped down periodically throughout day
- Clients will be taken to a treatment room immediately, avoiding the waiting room
- Washroom: sinks and toilets will be wiped down periodically throughout day; taps to be wiped after each use
- POS terminal wiped down after each use, tap will be encouraged
Regular cleaning policy already in place
- Sandals cleaned after each use
- Beds, desks and laser glasses disinfected after each patient
- Pillowcases changed when both sides have been used
- Treatment rooms vacuumed daily
- Equipment that comes into contact with patient is disinfected, this includes exercise equipment
- Shockwave therapy heads rinsed with water then put in sterilizer
- Washrooms cleaned daily and checked periodically throughout day
- Hand sanitizer is provided in all treatment rooms, patient washrooms and reception
- Plastic wrap changed on laser equipment after use
In summary, Global Physiotherapy Sherwood Park is committed to providing one-on-one physiotherapy assessment and treatment to Sherwood Park and Edmonton residents. Our laser and regenerative photonic therapy technology provides soft tissue healing and pain relief. It can eliminate the need for anti-inflammatory medication. We provide education on the causes of your movement limitations and pain. Exercise programs are provided by email and include a video of how to perform the exercise. Whether by telehealth or in person physiotherapy, we are prepared to help you remain active and resilient to the COVID-19 virus.