At Global Physiotherapy, Edmonton area patients can expect to receive excellent-quality care. We use our clinical experience along with evidence-based practices to solve a wide range of pain and mobility issues.
What Makes Us Different from Other Physiotherapy Clinics?
While some other physiotherapy clinics may treat problems by focusing just on the source of the pain, persistent pain and movement difficulties are often due to an injury or tightness in a completely different part of the body. For instance, pain on one side of the neck could be due to tension on the other side, whereas pain in the legs could originate from the back.
Unlike some other physiotherapy clinics, Edmonton area patients can expect our physiotherapists to take a global approach. At your first consultation, you will receive an extensive assessment that takes into account every area of the body.
Conditions We Treat at Global Physiotherapy
Edmonton clients come to Global Physiotherapy seeking treatment for an array of complaints, including:
- Headaches — Our physiotherapists will evaluate the entire upper quadrant of your body to find the source of your headaches.
- Chronic neck injuries — We provide you with a permanent solution to your chronic neck pain by figuring out why the pain keeps returning.
- Shoulder pain — Physiotherapy is ideal for treating shoulder sprains, rotator cuff strains, and tendinitis.
- Back pain — In addition to treating your back pain at our clinic, we will provide you with a home exercise plan to speed up the healing process.
- Osteoarthritis — With physio, Edmonton area patients can improve or even regain prior joint function.
- Urinary incontinence — We offer a special women’s health assessment and treatment that focuses on pelvic floor dysfunction.
- Motor vehicle accident (MVA) therapy — For our MVA treatment, we will submit your accident and injuries form to your insurance adjuster, enabling you to start treatment as soon as possible.
Our Unique Range of Services
Another way we differ from other physiotherapy clinics is through our diverse range of services. We choose a selection of treatments for each individual that will best address pain and mobility problems, helping you to return to normal activities as soon as possible. This may include:
- Spinal manipulation — Our physiotherapists have the training and experience necessary to perform both spinal manipulation and spinal mobilization.
- Medical acupuncture — We have the knowledge and experience necessary to safely and effectively deliver medical acupuncture.
- Regenerative photonic therapy (RPT) physio — Edmonton area patients will only find RPT at Global Physiotherapy.
- Gunn intramuscular stimulation (IMS) — By solving neuropathic pain, IMS is one of the best treatments for chronic myofascial pain syndromes.
- Functional dry needling (FDN) — Another option to stimulate myofascial trigger points, muscles, and connective tissues is FDN.
- Traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) with physiotherapy — Edmonton area clients can receive both physiotherapy and TCN under the same roof at Global Physiotherapy.
For more information on the types of treatments we provide or to book an assessment, please contact us.