Physiotherapists are professionals who demonstrate the following behaviours in their clinical practice, according to the Essential Competency Profile for Physiotherapists in Canada:
- Act in the best interests of the clinic
- Work within the boundaries of the code of ethic
- Provide client-centred services
- Collaborate with clients and other health professionals to provide services
- Utilize the best evidence for the delivery of services
- Demonstrate continuing commitment to acquire knowledge and skills
- Participate in research, promote the profession, and provide education to clients and other health profession
- Exercise critical thinking and problem-solving skills in making clinical decisions
- Reflect on actions and decisions
Global Physiotherapy — Sherwood Park is dedicated to taking adequate time to determine the physiotherapy diagnosis and treatment plan for clients. We make up-to-date physiotherapy treatments available to all clients.
What Is a Global Physiotherapy Assessment?
A global physiotherapy assessment includes tests and observations of all the areas of the body that could influence your pain. We recognize the interaction between the myofascial and nervous systems with the musculoskeletal system. Clients who experience chronic pain, continually re-injure an area, or develop symptoms without a specific injury can benefit from an evaluation that includes the related areas of the body. For example, a shoulder pain evaluation will also include a full posture exam and neck and arm tests as well as consideration of muscles and myofascia that connect with other areas of the body, such as the lower back.
We provide clients with evidence-based and detailed assessments to develop the physiotherapy diagnosis and determine the clinical problems we need to solve.
Physiotherapy treatments available from Global Physiotherapy — Sherwood Park include:
- Myofascial release
- Mobilization of nerves and joints
- Manipulation of peripheral joints, such as the ankle
- Spinal manipulation
- Regenerative Photon Therapy (RPT) and laser
- Medical acupuncture
- Gunn Intramuscular Stimulation (IMS)
- Women’s health
- Customized exercise programs
Why Choose Global Physiotherapy, Sherwood Park, Alberta?
Physiotherapy treatments from Global Physiotherapy focus on improving the multiple causes of your pain pattern. If you have a foot problem, we’ll evaluate your walking pattern and assess the influence of the structures above your foot. We have treatment modalities and techniques available to provide healing technology and improve your mobility to resolve your pain.
What Will My Exercise Program Look Like?
Global Physiotherapy will provide you with electronic or paper copies of your exercise plan. You can keep your exercises on your phone or computer to make it easier to check your program. We also provide you with videos of many of the exercises to help you perform the movements correctly.
You’ll learn exercises during treatment sessions and can easily continue at home and with minimal equipment. Our physiotherapists are familiar with the gym equipment available in Sherwood Park. We will give you advice about how to progress your fitness goals from your home to the gym in a safe manner.
In an effort to provide a unique exercise experience, Global Physiotherapy now uses exercise technology that can relax tight muscles and improve muscle tone and strength in very short sessions. Contact us to learn more about this type of exercise and how it fits into a Global Physiotherapy treatment plan.
Advanced Manual Therapy
Only some Sherwood Park physiotherapy clinics offer advanced manual therapy.
- It requires an in-depth knowledge of anatomy, movement mechanics, nerve function, and pain behavior.
- One of our experienced manual therapists will identify areas of movement impairment and compare the mobility challenges to your pain patterns.
- We will relate potential causes of pain to structures in the body
- Treatment will focus on improving the anatomical structures for restoring functional, pain-free movements.
Return to Activity Exercises
- Global Physiotherapy will teach you exercises that require minimal equipment and that can be performed in the clinic and at home.
- Physiotec handouts and video exercises are available.
- Receive advice on how to progress to a gym program.
- We are familiar with Canada’s long-term athlete development program recommendations that influence competitive teenage athletes.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long are your assessment and treatment appointments?
The initial assessment, which also includes treatment, lasts about one hour. Follow-up treatments are approximately thirty minutes of one-on-one time with your physiotherapist. If acupuncture is part of the treatment plan, the treatment sessions can last up to one hour.
Do you direct bill insurance companies?
Yes, Global Physiotherapy in Sherwood Park direct bills motor vehicle insurance companies as well as the following extended benefit insurance companies:
- Blue Cross
- Medavie – RCMP, DND, and veterans
- Great West Li
- Manulife Financial
- Sun Life Financial
- Desjardins Insurance
- Industrial Alliance
- Johnson Inc.
- Johnston Group
- Standard Life
Do you provide physiotherapy treatments under Alberta Health Services?
Alberta Health Services provides a list of clinics that have access to Capital Health funding. There is a qualification process to receive up to three physiotherapy treatments per body part.
Do you provide physiotherapy treatments under WCB?
Global Physiotherapy — Sherwood Park is not a registered provider for WCB. The funding model for WCB does not support the assessment and treatment time provided by the experienced physiotherapists on staff.
Do you treat acute sports injuries?
Global Physiotherapy staff love to treat sports injuries. We can offer same-day assessment and treatment appointments. Our laser and RPT system provides quick pain relief and promotes healing of the injured tissue.
Do you treat chronic pain problems?
We have a high success rate in identifying the root causes of chronic pain areas due to our global approach to assessment and treatment. We have treatment options that can target multiple pain areas in one session.
If you’re looking for a Sherwood Park physio team with the training and experience necessary to help you make a positive change to your health and wellbeing, please contact us.